QuickBooks being a widely used and most professional accounting software means a lot to small and medium-sized businesses, especially in the USA. Every day new users get associated with the software to accomplish their business objectives of error-free accounting. At one end the software opens doors success for businesses, on the other end frequent occurrence of errors create a headache, however, there is the provision of online help where any kind of error can be resolved. QuickBooks Error 3371 is one in the accounting software that is usually faced by users. Knowledge about this error can help you to avoid unwanted hindrance while using QB.
The error 3371 is displayed with different status codes varying upon the situation & type of problems are faced. In different situations the error is displayed as below:
QuickBooks 3371 status code 11118? What does it really mean?
Error 3371( License properties could not be initialized)
In this case, the accounting software is not able to load the license data which might be due to damaged or missing files.
Error 3371, status code -11118
This warning message is displayed in the window
Why does this error cause trouble?
Due to the error, the user is not able to open the QuickBooks files. The origins of the error can differ. Every QuickBooks user should have understood that it has been made compulsory by Intuit that license information should be stored on hard drive. In case of corrupted, missing or damaged file data, this error code can be encountered. This issue is also faced while cloning data on c drive to another new hard drive. Deletion of entitlement file & re-entering licensing information is needed to get resolved with this problem.
Major Reasons behind error code 3371
- dat file is found missing or damaged
- Anti-virus creating interruption in the accounting
- User tries opening file even without saving it
- MSXML component is missing or gets damaged
- Unavailability of components which are needed to open QuickBooks desktop
QBregistration.dat: This file with .dat extension contains license information. Every time Intuit searches this file when the software is active.
MSXML component: An essential component provided by Microsoft which is required for running QB desktop on the system.
Methods to resolve the issue error 3371
QuickBooks brings two choices so that you can happily get resolved with the issue. You can either try reinstalling the program or look for viable assistance on the website. However, both of the topics are not going to be effective, therefore I am mentioning here that will be helpful in solving the problem appropriately.
For the first method, try steps as discussed below:
- Go to Windows +R on keyword
- Enter C:\programData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- The entered path will take you to the discussed location
- Finally, you need to delete and after completion of this process you will be able to run QuickBooks & register product again
Hope, the above-mentioned procedure help you to overcome the error! If the same problem is found, then you should try the second method. The procedure is given below:
- On start button click on the windows icon
- Navigate to All Programs-> windows update
- Later on, check for updates & do the same if you found availability of an update
- After that go for re installation of QB desktop
Major considerations which should be taken care of with priority
- You should be confirmed that the latest update of windows is installed
- If the error message is displayed again, then windows O/S might be corrupted.
If the same error is displayed again, then you need to try the following steps:
- Recreate entitlementdatastore.ecmlfile for restore license & registration issue
- Fix Microsoft.Net framework, MSXML & c++ by utilizing QuickBooks install diagnostic tool
- User reinstall taking the aid of clean install
Hope, going through the description carefully you will have a clear understanding of what the error 3371 is and how to deal with the same efficiently. In case you’re in confusion, then there is always a healthy option to get instant reconciliation to your queries, i.e. QuickBooks Phone Number.